> I wasn't having tremendously good luck, I even tried the pop-up flash
> on the K-5. Just as I was walking away, I remembered I had my AF540 in
> my pack.  It took a few tries to get it to even fire, but once I did,
> and bumped up the ISO to 4,000, I got some decent shots.

Bird pictures are tough, judging from your results, bird pictures with flash
are even tougher. Thank you for adding to the list of things I am not going to
touch with a long stick anytime in the near future. If anything those flash
shots make the "You gonna finish that?" look absolutely awesome in comparison
(not that it wasn't already cute and funny and very enjoyable when I first
looked at it).

Sorry,

kris