On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Walter Hamler <hamlerwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I find it amazing that within my lifetime I have seen us
> go from barely flying jets and knowing nothing about the solar system
> other than rudimentary knowledge, to cataloging thousands of planets
> around other stars in our galactic neighborhood.

Very true. My great-grandfather's and grandfather's (now 97)
generations were perhaps the greatest changes in a single lifetime.
They went from an age when (from time immemorial) farmers broke ground
with oxen or horses to the mechanical age to landing a man on the moon
(in my great-grandfather's case). That is an incredible explosion of
technology. If you were graphing it it would be astounding how much it
has spiked.