I usually signed with the year of the photo.... (and where shot was taken, sometimes. ) When I embed my watermark in an image I use the year taken and year printed/or when the digital was made - if I have that info at hand. The date can be important sometimes - at the least, interesting. And essential for stock work, but thats nothing to do
with signatures per se

ann