I remember voting over images that looked very much like a bulk upload
of holiday snaps. That was before the weekly limit was introduced.
However I still find that the type of pictures submitted has a
distinct seasonal flavour. Tuned to the Northern hemisphere, for most
part. So right now it's spring flowers. In a month it'll be birds. In
September it's travel shots, and in October there are autumn colours
to thirteen by the dozen.

It could be a subission strategy, I suppose, to stay a bit ahead of
the game by submitting seasonal pictures from last year just before
the season starts.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/