steve harley wrote:

>On 2011-04-05 18:21 , Mark Roberts wrote:
>> Non-Lightroom compatible, but here it is:
>> http://www.robertstech.com/blog/?p=222
>
>interesting technique, and thanks for sharing, but it doesn't seem
>intuitive that spherical aberration alone can describe soft focus
>
>a thought experiment: if you aimed a soft-focus lens at just the right
>concave surface, would everything be sharp? i think there'd still be
>more going on

If you had a lens that was perfect in every regard *except* spherical
aberration and aimed it at a concave surface (of precisely the right
curvature) everything would be sharp. This doesn't strike me as an
experiment that's practical in real life, though. ;-)
So, yes, there's more going on.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com