Preach it brother!  This is exactly how I feel about the matter.

Robert

----- Original Message ----
From: John Francis <jo...@panix.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sat, April 9, 2011 11:33:08 PM
Subject: Re: K20D files and Lightroom (Windows)

On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 08:47:49PM -0400, Mark Roberts wrote:
> David Parsons wrote:
>
> >If you are importing into LR, why bother shooting JPEG?
>
> Or at least "why bother importing the JPEGs into Lightroom?"

Come on, guys.

It shouldn't be necessary to change how one chooses to work just to
get round bugs in the software.

I'll shoot RAW(DNG)+JPEG so that I've always got a quick JPEG image to
browse, print, give away, or whatever when I don't have access to my
computer.  But when I get back home I'll still want to import everything
into lightroom; I don't want to keep track of a separate set of images.