On 2011-04-09 21:10 , Robert and Leigh Woerner wrote:
I have ruled out an SD card problem.  My guess is that Pentax embeds something
in the JPEGs to cause this. I have also found that Photoshop Elements 9 will not
open the JPEGs completely from the hard drive, something about "damaged" and
"truncated". The images are "sawed off" on the edges.

so it's either your camera, or all K20s

just as a point of reference, when i was saving DNG+JPEG on my K200d, i had no trouble with the JPEGs