despite hanging around my father's darkroom when i was very young, i got a late start; the first i owned was a K1000 my stepfather gave me when i was about 15, but because i couldn't afford film he eventually gave it to someone else

the first three cameras i ran film through were all found in the trash sometime in the 1980s:

the first was nice Canon compact rangefinder, probably a Canonet, but i can't recall clearly; the next was a Mamiya SLR, model unknown, though my partner still had it in a closet as of a few years ago; and then a Minolta XD5, which i used for many years, and i still have