More time to write.  Seriously, technology improves with time.  If I
had to place money on it, I would bet that the DSLRs will slowly fade
to a more minor position and, eventually, mirrorless cameras will
become the dominant type for enthusiasts and even many pros.  I note
that this does not mean the eye-level VF will go away.  I think Godfry
made the best point here:  mirror technology can't go anywhere and
will always be bulkier, whereas the EVF tech will keep getting better.
  If that optical bulk can be replaced with more electronics then that
could even hasten the switch.  I can appreciate the light camera on a
heavy lens problem, but that can be dealt with if the lens becomes the
primary bulk of the setup, the way current cameras deal with really
big lenses.

No great emotional investment here;  this is just how I read the tea
leaves. Of course, this means I think Hoya/Pentax would be well
advised to get involved.

--
Steve Desjardins