Thanks for posting, Dan. I might check it out too.  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 11:19 AM
Subject: OT: The Big Bang Club

The Big Bang Club

I never heard of this movie until receiving Ebert's email this
morning.  He gives it two stars, but as a photographer, I need to see
it.  To quote Roger:

Many of the photos of the bloody final months of apartheid were taken
by four photographers who became famous as "The Bang Bang Club,"
because of their willingness to risk death for great pictures. Two of
them won Pulitzers. One of them was killed, one committed suicide, one
was shot four times before retiring. The word often used about them
was “courageous,” but another word that comes to mind is "foolhardy."

The full Ebert review is here:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110421/REVIEWS/110429997/-1/email_headlines

The Pulitzer Prize winning image that makes these photographers
significant is one you have all seen:

http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/kevin-carter-vulture.jpg?w=700&h=466

--
Dan Matyola