That's an amazing sequence, Stan. I've never seen anything like that. #5 makes me giggle a bit--you get a good look at the fish hanging from the Grebes bill. That was a big fish too! Thanks for posting. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Halpin" <s...@stans-photography.info>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <PDML@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:44 PM
Subject: GESO:Another bird (feeding)

One of the aspects of my new home that I am really enjoying is the river. From my study I have a view of the side yard and bird feeder plus some of the river and trees on the other side, but when I walk to the other part of the house the floor-to-ceiling windows open out the view to the river. So a couple of days ago as I was going for a fresh cup of coffee I spotted two new water birds. I grabbed my camera with long lens and went outside. A pair of Pied-Billed Grebes were feeding their way up the river. And I captured this sequence as one caught and ate a good sized fish . . .

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p687482279

I recommend a slide-show viewing if you have decent band-width.

stan