On 5/17/2011 16:03, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
Thanks Boris!

I expect you might be responding to the fact that I'm using a wide
lens, which I tend to use a smaller percentage of the time with the
SLRs. It will be interesting to see your impressions once I have the
normal and whether the results change your impressions. The camera is
more mobile too, being smaller and lighter, which does have its
influence on the results ... This is why I was interested in obtaining
a quality compact camera. :-)

Godfrey, when GXR was introduced, I was intrigued by the camera as I thought and still think that although unusual it offers some fascinating potential to the photographer. I shall be very much interested to see how your relation with Ricoh GXR system develops.

As for specifics of my perception - we can talk off-list.

Boris