On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 09:52:50AM -0400, John Sessoms wrote:

> One drawback of that is the camera will probably not display the
> images written to the card by the computer. During my internship, I
> tried something similar with the K10D. I had no thumb drive with me
> when I needed to transfer a JPEG from my laptop to another computer.
> Both have built in card readers.
>
> I copied the JPEG to the spare SDHC from the battery grip. The JPEG
> in question was originally taken with the K10D, but I had to correct
> something with Photoshop (replace closed eyes).
>
> On a lark I put that card into the camera after making the transfer.
> It would display the other images on the card taken with the K10D
> before I copied the JPEG. It would even display images I took after
> writing to the card with the computer, but it would not display the
> one image written to the card by the computer.

Most cameras are very picky.  Unless the image is saved in exactly
the right format (not just JPEG - there are options like progressive
or interlaced as well), and in a directory structure that exactly
matches how the camera writes to the disk, it won't find the image.
Computers are a lot more flexible in that regard.