On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 02:45:31PM -0400, John Sessoms wrote:
> Point that might be missing here is I was not shooting RAW during my
> internship. They wanted "JPEG High" images & I saw no reason to
> shoot RAW and have to go through a conversion step, so I reset the
> K10D to JPEG High for the duration. (Kept the K20D set to RAW for my
> own use during that period).
>
> Does the camera produce a separate JPEG to display on the LCD when
> you're shooting with the camera's file format set to JPEG?

Not in a separate file, no. But there's always a (very low quality)
JPEG image embedded in the RAW file.  (And also in all those other
JPEG images, for that matter - it's in the Manufacturer Private tag).

That's what it uses for review on the rear LCD. It also appears to be
what is used for the histograms displayed there, too.