> This cable A stuff has me confused.  I've
> used a standard mechanical plunger successfully
> with my Supers for quite as while; the shutter
> button has the standard thread and the plunger
> certainly trips the shutter.  How would a
> specialized electronic cable even work?

Lon,

There is a nipple about the size of a small bean.  It has a contact, insulated, down
the center and screws into the release up top on the camera.  Push the button on the
end of the cable and the circuit is closed, the shutter fires.

The shutter has an electromechanical release.  This is why the camera becomes locked
up without battery power.

Regards,  Bob S.