Shel...

This link explains the adjustment of a movie camera lens...but it is of
course the same basic principle as applied to all collimating:

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/lavender/569/lenscollimation.html

Don't know if it helps or not...

I don't believe collimation is really much of an issue unless a lens gets
pranged or dropped somehow or it focuses past infinity or whatnot. Unless you
focus using the footage scale, and most of us SLR guys don't, a lens that
shows 13' on the footage scale but focus sharpest at 10' isn't any big deal.
Besides, these measurement are always to the plane of the film, NOT the front
of the lens as some people assume and I don't think Pentax has ever issued a
camera with a film plane mark to measure at in any case.

Funny enough, a guy offered me job once to do bench collimating for his
company. Sounded interesting and I would've been given the chance to play
around with hideously expensive Panavision Panaflex cameras and lenses (he
also mentioned Zeiss T* primes). This would have included anamorphic lenses,
too! That would've been very cool!

Too bad I couldn't live on 8 bucks an hour.

Regards,
Brendan MacRae