On May 25, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Doug Franklin wrote:

> ... Amen.  I've been on a lot of lists over the years.  PDML works as is. The
> people who have been here long enough have seen it weather storms that would
> have killed many lists, like getting unceremoniously thrown off Pentax'
> servers.  ...

In the interest of historical accuracy - PDML was not "unceremoniously" thrown
off Pentax' servers. There was a heads'-up notice from Pentax to some list
members. And the eviction was part of a broader change in Pentax-USA's web
presence. There was time for alternate resources to be found, for sysop
volunteers to step forward, and for a remarkably orderly transition. IIRC.

Other than that detail, I agree with pretty much everything else you've said on
the topic.

stan