On May 25, 2011, at 4:21 AM, David Savage wrote:

> Thought I'd re-sub given what I've just read in the archive, and
> reconnect with the Pentax faithful.

Welcome back.

> News from downunder: I hurt my back late last year. The pain was
> making me irritable & wore away my tolerance for BS. This was when I
> un-subscribed. 3 months of physio got me back on track & I had just
> gotten back to pre injury fitness levels when I stuffed my knee. I got
> dumped by a wave while working as a voice activated light stand during
> a beach shoot (Saved the flash from a dunking though). All these
> injuries have seen me put some of the weight I lost back on. But the
> knee is almost fixed so in a couple of weeks I'll be back into it.

Heal fast and well

> I didn't shoot much during this time, but here are a few shots I did take:
>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5389338411>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5389943296>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5576817621>

Still giving us reason to hate you, good job.

> ... and finally my most recent & a personal fave:
>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5739917903>

I agree, my fave too

> To make this somewhat on topic & have a few photo geek friends who are
> Pentax shooters (poor souls) and have had the opportunity to get my
> hands on a K7 & K5. I was impressed with the high ISO IQ of the K5.
> But not enough to make me rejoin the Pentax fold :-)

What you did with the D700 was the biggest reason for some of my temptations to
get one.  I recently picked up a K-5 and have been very happy with it.  I did
some informal comparisons with a friend's D700 and it was interesting not only
how close they seemed to be, but where each one was stronger.

> Anywho, I'll be around for a bit to see for myself if you guys & gals
> are off your meds.

I'm supposed to be taking meds?  That might explain a bit.