Hi Dave: Sorry to hear of your injuries, but glad you're on the mend. And yes, 17903 is very nice. 8411 has a very dynamic angle and composition there. I like it. cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Savage" <ozsav...@gmail.com>
To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:21 AM
Subject: G'day

Thought I'd re-sub given what I've just read in the archive, and
reconnect with the Pentax faithful.

News from downunder: I hurt my back late last year. The pain was
making me irritable & wore away my tolerance for BS. This was when I
un-subscribed. 3 months of physio got me back on track & I had just
gotten back to pre injury fitness levels when I stuffed my knee. I got
dumped by a wave while working as a voice activated light stand during
a beach shoot (Saved the flash from a dunking though). All these
injuries have seen me put some of the weight I lost back on. But the
knee is almost fixed so in a couple of weeks I'll be back into it.

I didn't shoot much during this time, but here are a few shots I did take:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5389338411>
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5389943296>
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5576817621>

No new star shots. I've had a several opportunities in recent months,
but preferred to just sit in the camp chair with a beverage & enjoy
the display of stars in the company of friends.

In the last few months I've been focusing more & more on portraiture.
Here are some of my efforts:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5618883047>
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5556008930>
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5542383720>
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5707559146>

... and finally my most recent & a personal fave:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/5739917903>

To make this somewhat on topic & have a few photo geek friends who are
Pentax shooters (poor souls) and have had the opportunity to get my
hands on a K7 & K5. I was impressed with the high ISO IQ of the K5.
But not enough to make me rejoin the Pentax fold :-)

Anywho, I'll be around for a bit to see for myself if you guys & gals
are off your meds.

Cheers,

Dave