frank theriault wrote:

I wouldn't say these guys are shy, but they usually keep a bit of a
distance.  However last weekend they allowed me to get much closer
than usual.  Even with that, I cropped quite a bit (I'd say what you
see is less than1/4 the original frame).  Given the foregoing, I'm
pleased with the sharpness I was able to get out of the Tokina 80-200
f2.8 (on a monopod).

BTW, they aren't just grebes, they're Red Grebes:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/grebe-gallery.html

Hope you enjoy.  Comments welcome.

cheers,
frank

I'm very envious that you got to hang with them... good job too!

Cheers back,
ann