Well, this made me think about how much I paid for my MX. In 1979, I paid
just under a £100 for a body and a 50mm f1:1.7 lens. Looking at current
prices for a mint MX, as my original is, would £200 be a fair price today?

Now, I have had the pleasure of using it over the years, but had I decided
to keep the £100, and put that in a building society account, would that
have reached £200?

OK, the digital camera is making in-roads into the film camera market, and
will continue to increase it's market share. For camera users, this is
probably a bad thing and a good time, if so inclined to move into digital.
For a collector of cameras, wow! what an opportunity. If the Leica prices
fall further, I'll be tempted myself - I'd like a display piece for the main
reception room :-)

Malcolm