>> Of course, Pentax has already released at least four green lenses
>> (the big A* lenses are not white, but actually are a light
>> green).

> ?????????  Are you suffering from some kind of weird color
> blindness?

No, I don't believe so, Pål (<g>).  I can say with certainty that
the lens barrel of my own A* 600/5.6 is a definite uniform pale
green in color.

Apparently, though, judging by your reaction, I might be suffering
from (or I may be guilty of) unbridled extrapolation, simply by
assuming that all the other big (non-black) A* lenses (the 300/2.8,
the 400/2.8, and the 1200/8, and maybe even other instances of the
600/5.6) must also be light green in color.

I know that catalog/brochure ("Pentax Lenses and Accessories")
photos make it seem as if these lenses are white or off-white in
color, I just assumed that this impression was due to the fact that
the light green color was subtle enough to not reproduce in a simple
catalog/brochure picture faithfully.

So, my question goes out to other owners of any of the four big A*
lenses, and also to other Pentaxers that have seen any of 'em "in
the flesh" - What color is/are the specific big A* lens(es) that you
have owned or have personally seen?  (But, for those that have only
seen one of these critters briefly, please be careful when
answering, since the green color is pale enough that it could be
easily overlooked in a brief encounter.)

It is very possible that there are differences between models or
differences in production releases over time (older lenses vs more
recent lenses perhaps).  Since there are not too many of these
lenses in circulation, such possible trends might not be easily
known to the Pentax community.

All I can personally say for sure is that my A* 600/5.6 has a light
green colored barrel.  How about what others have seen?

Fred