On 5/30/2011 13:52, Steven Desjardins wrote:
In many rural areas of America, abandoned structures like stores or
barns or even houses are simply left to slowly decay rather than being
demolished.  This is probably because in rural areas land is not at a
premium and can be left fallow for years.  I fins them because I like
to ride my motorcycle through these country roads, and I find many of
them aesthetically pleasing.

The American South is notorious for old cars left in the yard.  That
could easily be my next project.

It is entirely possible that if I were to visit rural America (which I did most briefly and superficially just a few times), I would have similar fascination.

Boris