> > In summary - if you shoot RAW exclusively (or mainly), how do you
> manage
> > the workflow and still have a life??
> >

> If you use something like Adobe's Lightroom, the only things that
> remind you that you're using RAW files is that your harddrive and
> memory cards fill up faster, and you have a hell of a lot more latitude
> for playing with exposures and white balance after the fact.  The whole
> concept of "batch processing" or "converting" doesn't even exist - you
> just import your files, edit them, and send your edited output to web
> or disk.  Easy-peasy.
>
>  -Charles

that's very well put.

My process is as follows:

1. put the card in the computer
2. start Lightroom
3. click the Import button
4. in the import dialog box, type some keywords then press OK
5. wait a couple of minutes
6. in the Latest Import collection multi-select various pictures and enter
more precise keywords and captions as needed
7. look through the thumbnails to identify pictures I want to look at a bit
more, and add them to the Quick Collection
8. in the Quick Collection look more closely at the pictures. Edit the ones
I'm interested in, and remove the ones I'm not from the Quick Collection
9. Drag the ones I still like into existing collections they belong to, such
as Best of Greenwich, Recent Photos etc.
10. Create a new collection if it seems appropriate, and add the photos
11. In the Web module regenerate web pages from the collections I've changed
12. send an amusing email with links to the PDML

Takes no time at all.

I still don't have a life of course, but that's nothing to do with shooting
raw.