On Jun 3, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:

> On 6/3/2011 12:42, Larry Colen wrote:
>> An interpretation of one of my photos I didn't see until a friend commented
>> on it
>>
>> Mother and child
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/5324644936/
>
> Larry, I am sorry but without disrespect or intent of offense, I should say
> that the title is way over the top... It is a fine photograph of two
> mushrooms with some yellow OOF object that begs to be "dealt with". You chose
> focus point well and composition is spot on. But the title is, well, I can
> see where it is coming from, but yet I don't subscribe to the idea.

The name of the photo was inspired by this facebook note about it:

I'm usually not inclined toward sentimental motherly stuff, but this photo by
Larry Colen just makes me go "Awwwwwww!"

No disrespect was meant. "Madonna and child" is a commonly used title for
"mother and child" pictures, granted, it's usually one particular mother, but
madonna just means mother, doesn't it?