On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 02:58 +0100, "Bob W" <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
> > From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> > Daniel J. Matyola
>

> > http://pictureisunrelated.memebase.com/2011/06/03/wtf-photos-videos-
> > and-theyve-never-been-happier/
> >

> it used to be quite common when I were a lad for us mum to give us a
> slice of bread and dripping. Delicious it were. Dripping is the lard
> that's been used then poured into a bowl, put in the fridge and used
> again later.

Bread and dripping was common during the Depression years according to
my late parents (who both lived to a ripe old age despite the diet).  I
think I may have been fed it a few times in my early years - which may
explain a lot....

I can't quite read the date on that advert but it may be 1957, which
seems a bit late for this sort of thing.  Odd that the advert was issued
"in conjunction with the Department of Health".

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia