On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 03:46:38PM -0400, Walter Hamler wrote:
> http://walthamler.smugmug.com/Photography/Micro-Four-Thirds-Gallery/16211247_u3uwa#1333816493_QWjXf7X
>
> The last two images were taken in our local camera store. One is
> captioned that it was shot with the EPL2 and the standard lens set at
> 14mm (28 equiv).
> The next image is with the OLY WA lens adapter, but they do not say
> what the effective fl is.  Anyone care to venture a guess?
> It doesn't quite look like it is 24mm equivalent, perhaps 25.
> Both images taken from same distance.
>
> Walt

Well, the angle of view of the original image covers about 80% of the
wider-angle image. That would mean it's 0.8x28mm = 22.4mm equivalent.
Given the precision of the actual experiment (you might have moved
your feet, or leaned forwards a little more for one shot), all you
can tell from those images is that the effective focal length will
be somewhere in the 21mm - 25mm range,

Postscript: Olympus claim the converter is a 0.8x, which matches my
estimate of about a 400-pixel margin on either side of your 4K image.
So the effective focal length at full wide will indeed be 22.5mm.