On Jun 19, 2011, at 11:35 AM, frank theriault wrote:

> ... it was very hazy that morning, so the sky was very washed out.
> In fact, it was close to monochrome before I converted it.  Besides,
> it was monochrome in my mind as I took it.
> . . .
> So far this is in the running for the 2012 Annual...
>
> cheers,
> frank

I liked this, with reservations, when I first saw it. Based on your comment
above, I went back for a closer look. I still have reservations. I think the
composition is great. and the rendering as B&W is just what the image deserves.
My quibble has to do with the light on the water in the lower right center. I
find that distracting, it takes my eye away from the rower. If you could tone
down that light/reflection just  a touch, I think it would be a stronger image.

stan