On 2011-06-20 20:04, Steven Desjardins wrote:
Especially when their motion is predictable.  That shot was from my
balcony, BTW.  VIR has several onsite hotels and it was about $240 for
two nights for my wife and I.  It's a nice lodge and we get a relaxing
weekend as well as the races.  I wander aorund during the mornings
but the afternoons get toasty in Southside Virginia.

I haven't been to VIR since 2006 when we ran the annual "Goblins Go" SCCA race in our ITA/IT7 RX-7. The hotel and lodge looked nice, but was booked. It's a very nice facility, but it's a long haul from Atlanta with the trailered racecar and all the tools and stuff in the truck. I really hate the last couple of miles from the highway to the track, too, when I have the trailer. I don't know how the pro rig drivers do it.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)