On Jun 21, 2011, at 21:08, Brian Walters wrote:

>> The fix is the same as for older Super Takumars...
>>
>> Spin off the front "faceplate".  Set the lens at infinity.  Loosen the
>> three screws which hold the collar to the internal assembly... back the
>> collar off a bit and tighten one of the screws down.  Now turn the collar
>> a bit more towards infinity and check the view through the viewfinder.
>> Repeat until you can get to (or maybe just a shade past) infinity.
>> Tighten all 3 screws and replace the front ring around the outside face
>> of the lens.
>>
>> Took about 10 minutes, and I've never done this before.  Coolness.
>

> Well I don't know if I'll ever need this but filed for future reference.

Just to keep it fun, I also managed to disassemble an old 28-80 lens which
apparently had been dropped (thanks,
daughter-of-mine-to-whom-I-lent-it-in-good-condition!) and figured out how to
get into it and reassemble it so that it would zoom again.  That was actually
entertaining.

The knowledge that it could be replaced for $20 kept the fear-factor quite low.
 Focus/infinity adjust on those is stupid simple.  Remove rubber ring, remove
TAPE which is keeping the front element in place with reference to the
barrel... rotate front element, replace tape, replace rubber ring.   VERY
cheap, but I guess it works.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com