On Jun 27, 2011, at 3:33 AM, Rick Womer wrote:

> Too many GESOs are far too large, repetitive, and tedious.  It's common to
> see a dozen shots of runners/cyclists/motorcycles/race cars going around the
> same curve, from the same angle, in the same light.  Galleries of a dozen
> shots of the same flower abound.  Somewhere in all those shots there are
> often one or two that are gems, but the viewer shouldn't be asked to do the
> editing for the photographer.

I do agree with this in general.  Bear in mind that sometimes PDML may not be
the primary audience for a gallery.  My sporting galleries tend to be a bit on
the large side... but I occasionally end up being asked for more photos by
participants or parents.  It's a tough balance, maybe I should think about
doing separate galleries.

> First, that all of us give more attention to editing our galleries.

Seconded... difficult as it is :)  But I propose an exception for cat
galleries.  You can't have too many cat photos.

> Second, that the subject line indicate how large the gallery is; for example,
> "GESO(12) - Dog Poop" tells the viewer that twelve shots of Spot's output
> lurk behind.

This is a good idea.  I'll try and remember.

BTW I'm sure you don't intend these to be hard rules.  I wouldn't want PDML to
become too snobbish :)

Cheers,
Dave