What some of us object to is the big pop-up that appears about 1 second into
the page-load process. The pop-up covers about 80-90% of the window and (for me
at least) is blank. Presumably, if I wait long enough, some advertising pitch
will appear in that pop-up. I have never waited long enough to find out, I just
close the photo.net window and go on to something else.

Ads on the side, flashing banners, billboards on buses . . . all of that I can
ignore. The photo.net approach which visually blocks my screen and prevents me
from seeing anything while they leisurely load an ad for me to ignore, that is
something with which I do not care to put up.

stan