On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:29 -0700, "Godfrey DiGiorgi"
<gdigio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 1:07 PM, P. J. Alling
> <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 43 system and m43 system cameras with adapters are the only ones I know of.
> >  I read somewhere that most classic OM system lenses were uncoated, but I
> > highly doubt that, most were probably single or double coated.  They preform
> > rather well, flare wise, for optics with minimal coatings.
>
> Olympus OM system lenses are easily adapted to Olympus and Panasonic
> FourThirds, Olympus and Panasonic Micro-FourThirds, Sony NEX, and
> Canon EOS lens mounts. They work well on everything from FourThirds
> format to "full frame". The Olympus Pen F system lenses from the 1960s
> were mostly single coated, but OM System (first introduced in the
> 1972-1973 time period) were almost all multicoated optics like most
> SLR lenses post 1970 or so. Some of the OM lenses are highly sought
> after and carry big price tags even today, like the 21mm f/2.

One of the reasons something like the Olympus E-PL2 is on my 'next
camera' radar is that I'd like to be able to use some of the legacy
lenses that I have hanging around.  I have several Konica Hexanons and a
Minolta or two that would be nice to bring out of retirement.  I even
have a couple of primes from the original Canonflex that might just work
with a FD adapter.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters