Finally Pentax is offering a GPS Unit for the Flash Hot shoe.
The Pentax O-GPS1.

It should be available this month.

According to reiews it's quite advanced - with a compas (records the shooting
direction) and more.

As a matter of fact I allready own three third party units, among which is a
nice Columbus (which has a memory card for long trips) and a JOBO, a hot-shoe
unit, that will track only when the shutter is fired - that is provided that
the shutter speed is not faster than flash sync speed. In order to deal with
this flaw it has a tracking button which I can press from time to time,
whenever I'm using faster shutter speeds. Not bad - but it still requires some
annoying syncronizing in the computer after the shooting. This is time
consuming and a really a PITA having to do this.

What I really whish for is a unit that will write the GPS data directly into
the Meta Data of my image files ON THE FLY. No after syncronising at the
computer. Something like the unit Nikon is offering for thier DSLR's. I'd
gladly pay a freat deal of money for a unit like this for my K-5!!!

I wonder if the new Pentax GPS Unit can do this. Otherwise I'd probably not be
interested in buying one. Do you guys know how the Pentaxit works?

Regards
Jens

--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.