On 2011-07-03 15:15 , frank theriault wrote:
I ~think~ that's what these beautiful birds are - except that I don't
see the red wingtips that Cedar Waxwings are supposed to have.
Otherwise, they look exactly like photos I've seen of that species:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/cedar-waxwings.html

Whatever they are, they're quite beautiful.  If you can confirm or
tell me what they are I'd be most appreciative.

i'm sure they are Cedar Waxwings; i saw them in Colorado the first time this spring in Glenwood Springs, but had seen them at times during my youth in Maine; which are different enough that i understand the red tip is optional

the only possible confusion would be the Bohemian Waxwing, about which i remember my mother also remarking in Maine, but yours clearly aren't:

<http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/cedar_waxwing/id>