On Jul 4, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Ecke PDML wrote:

> I hear KEH's item ratings are very conservative - given the choice
> between KEH BGN for $6, EX for $10 and EX+ for $11, will BGN do if
> looks don't matter or could EX/+ last longer?
> Thanks
> Ecke

It is the difference between buying new vs. used. EX+ is going to be so close
to NIB that you will have a very hard time telling the difference. EX may show
very slight signs of wear, if you look very closely. The BGN is going to look
like any used item you buy from someone else - you will know it has been used,
but you will feel smug because you got a perfectly functioning camera or lens
or flash or whatever for a very good price. So, how much is it worth to you to
buy like-new vs. very-good-used?

stan