On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I appreciate the reply, Frank. However, I'm not sure that even if I
> could wear a suit that had lenses pointing in every direction shooting
> 8 fps that I would find the experience personally fulfilling, although
> I couldn't complain as much about missing shots.

I agree with you.  I always travel light, bringing the minimum amount
of equipment for the conditions I expect to encounter - usually just
one body and a maximum of two (rarely three) lenses.  I'm more than
happy with my Pentax body - I don't need 8fps.  All I really want is a
high-quality 400mm auto-focus prime.  Is that asking too much?

;-)

<snip>
> I agree, which is why I said that few of us are chucking our digital
> gear. The point of my post wasn't that "old school" was more
> fulfilling, but that it did have a tactile element that many of us may
> have forgotten, that is, until we hold it in our hands again and a
> pleasant sensation tingles some long unused neurons in our brains. ("I
> get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.")
> : )

Ah, yes.  Well.  In that case, I have to agree with you.  Some of
those old Taks had a feel and a quality about them that's unmatchable.
 Nothing like fondling a big strong lens to get that tingly feeling!

;-)

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson