On 7/6/2011 04:24, Paul Stenquist wrote:
... Very nice equipment, but I'm not much of a fondler.

Me neither. I've Pentax MX thanks to Bob S's generosity and A 50/1.2 thanks to his help too. That's pretty pleasant to hold, but even more pleasant to take pictures with and even more pleasant to actually look at these pictures.

When I shoot with my FA limited lenses, which are supposedly made pretty darn good from tactile perspective, I don't really care for that - I am shooting.

I can relate to the satisfaction one gets from using good gear. The feeling that everything fits, clicks and generally works together well is indeed very pleasant, but personally (not passing any judgment here, just stating my view) I much rather like the end result and joyous ability to share my photographs with others.

Boris