On 7/5/2011 13:22, David Mann wrote:
Just a quick update on my situation.  I don't really have time to
write a lot which is probably a good thing.

It was announced last week at work that we're all losing our jobs.
The owner of the company is moving to Auckland at his wife's behest.
At the same time the company's financial situation hasn't been so
good for a while (don't get me started!) so he is changing focus.
The company is going to become a loose set of contractors working 2-3
days a week, and they won't be chasing the more interesting projects.
They're just going to concentrate on stamping out simple Wordpress
sites and supporting our existing client base.

I'm not perturbed by this at all; I think I've indicated here
previously that I haven't been very happy there for a while and it
looks like it's going to become a lot less interesting so I've told
him I'll be leaving the company once the 4 week notice period has
lapsed.  We can get by on one income and this is the kick I've been
needing to do something about my career.  There are interesting
things happening in the local electronics industry at the moment so I
may be able to make a return.

Cheers, Dave

Here is hoping that after the dark/low part a much better, brighter, higher period will arrive at your household, Dave.

I think Larry can quote the central Aikido principle where one is supposed to use the energy of one's opponent against said opponent. It seems, you're doing just that.

Boris