Great story, Bipin...
I immediately had to call and read the Peterhead segment to a close friend of Scottish descent... she loved it.

ann

On 7/12/2011 04:38, Bipin Gupta wrote:
We are glad our Amateur Photographer stood his ground. We await the
reply from the Greenwich Market Authorities
and their action taken against this "rowdy" stall owner.
I have lived in the Middle East, UK, Canada and the USA, and enjoyed
taking market and stall photos without any
hindrance or objections.
In fact I was in a Libyan (Tripoli) fish market (just before the
uprising) and the stall owners would welcome me to take
their photos, explaining the fish varieties in their stalls.
I found living in the UK a bit stressful, except Scotland, where
people were kinder, simpler and more friendly. I remember
walking into a pub one very cold December evening in Peterhead (north
sea oilfield region). Some folks asked me
"canye speak English". I said, "no Sir, only Scottish". The whole pub
burst out in laughter. And all my drinks + food was
on the house - refused to take money from me.
I still have happy memories and plenty of photos from this Scottish Pub.