Great story, Bipin!  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bipin Gupta" <bip...@gmail.com>
To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:38 AM
Subject: Amateur photographer assaulted in Greenwich Market

We are glad our Amateur Photographer stood his ground. We await the
reply from the Greenwich Market Authorities
and their action taken against this "rowdy" stall owner.
I have lived in the Middle East, UK, Canada and the USA, and enjoyed
taking market and stall photos without any
hindrance or objections.
In fact I was in a Libyan (Tripoli) fish market (just before the
uprising) and the stall owners would welcome me to take
their photos, explaining the fish varieties in their stalls.
I found living in the UK a bit stressful, except Scotland, where
people were kinder, simpler and more friendly. I remember
walking into a pub one very cold December evening in Peterhead (north
sea oilfield region). Some folks asked me
"canye speak English". I said, "no Sir, only Scottish". The whole pub
burst out in laughter. And all my drinks + food was
on the house - refused to take money from me.
I still have happy memories and plenty of photos from this Scottish Pub.