From: Paul Stenquist
I didn't say that Google harmed people with their advertising, but
you said that Facebook was problematic because it could be used as a
marketing tool. I just wanted to make the point that Google is all
about marketing.  Google doesn't draw lines when it comes to digging
for information about what you do and where you go on the web. I
doubt that any other internet company is as invasive. That being said
I like Google. But I have nothing to hide.
Paul

Sorry. I don't have a problem with marketing itself.

Facebook per se disinterests me. I have my own ways of wasting time on the internet.

Facebook marketing was presented as all about how to use the "friend" request to manipulate teenagers so that your marketing message would seem to come from them ... whether they wanted it to or not.

I'm not explaining well how manipulative I saw this. But accept that I saw that it required me to act in ways I felt were dishonest; using people in a way I would not accept to be used myself.

I just won't have it. I have to live by my own conscience.

-----
No virus found in this message.