On Jul 13, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> My daughter needs a new computer. She wants an iMac but can't afford new
> software, so she's probably going to have to get a PC. I've seen some PCs
> that are basically iMac style -- a processor built into a nice 23-inch
> monitor. One I noticed was the Dell Inspiron One,  but the reviews say it's
> kind of slow with its AMD processor. Is there a better box available at a
> reasonable price?
>
> Paul

Just a thought - it is often feasible, and morally and legally correct, to move
software from an old computer to a new one. Second thought - much software
comes packaged for either a Windows or Mac. So, mighten she have the option of
an iMac and then moving her software over? Alternatively, she could use all of
her old Windows software on the iMac in emulation mode, gradually shift to Mac
versions when it is time for upgrades.

stan