If she uses the Windows version for now, under an emulator, I believe she can cross-grade to the Mac version later when upgrading is necessary.

-bmw

On 11-07-13 5:05 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Thanks. I'll look into it. She needs the Adobe Creative Suite for graphic
designers. CS5 is the current version. Expensive stuff, but she has a PC
version of CS3.
Paul

On Jul 13, 2011, at 5:01 PM, steve harley wrote:

On 2011-07-13 13:50 , Paul Stenquist wrote:
My daughter needs a new computer. She wants an iMac but can't afford new
software, so she's probably going to have to get a PC. I've seen some PCs that
are basically iMac style -- a processor built into a nice 23-inch monitor. One
I noticed was the Dell Inspiron One,  but the reviews say it's kind of slow
with its AMD processor. Is there a better box available at a reasonable price?
what's your price range? B&H has a great price on the last generation 27" iMac
right now -- $1400; if you have a Windows license you can install it under BootCamp or
you can use Virtual Box (free) or VMWware or Parallels (around $60) to run Windows very
smoothly and keep all those programs

and what are the programs she can't afford? in many cases there is something
included with the Mac or available as freeware that does what an average user
needs