On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Bruce Rubenstein wrote:
Regarding Pentax being 3 generations behind:
> Nikon: ...  Canon ... There's also the years of experience with
> fixed lens, non SLRs and film scanners that these companies have.

Pentax was nth generations behind in digital compacts.  Yet, their first
solo effort, the Optio range, beats Canon's offering and has been a
commercial success.  So there is no point pushing out a product with no
marketing potential.  Nikon or Canon can sell anything at any price, but
not Pentax.  I, for one, think that they are wise in shelving the 6Mp
MZ-D, as it would have been a financial disaster for a small company.

--
--Lawrence Kwan--SMS Info Service/Ringtone Convertor--PGP:finger/www--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.vex.net/~lawrence/ -Key ID:0x6D23F3C4--