On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 05:06:43PM -0400, Ann Sanfedele wrote:

> This is what I got, for a total of $40.

Sounds like a good deal!

 . . .

>  3 Lenses:
> (In apparently fine shape and I tried it on my ist d )
>  SMC PENTAX FA 28-105 zoom f4-5.6. Auto focus works on my ist-d. BLACK

Is this the Power Zoom model?

If it is, I'd definitely agree that it's a wonderful match to a *ist-D;
that's what lives on mine as the default lens for a walk-around kit.
The later (non-power-zoom) f4-5.6 isn't quite so highly regarded.

> 50mm prime SMC Pentax FA 1.4 BLACK - this works on manual on the istD
> and kinda worked on auto focus but not properly ... apparently it
> works on later issues -- or some (a brief check on ebay) With
> operating manual from 1991.

Now I'm definitely getting jealous.  I've got an A 1.4 and an F 1.7
(which I rarely use), so it's hard to justify yet another 50mm.

> SMC Pentax 30mm 1:2.8  The serial number is also on the front of the
> lens along with Asahi Opt. Co. Japan.  The number is 5377550.
> It doesn't say "M" but otherwise the writing is jsut like my dear
> old 28mm M that I got in the mid to late 70's.

That's the K30/f2.8:

    <http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/wide-angle/K30f2.8.html>