From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Toralf Lund
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:11 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Today's score of things Pentax and questions..

P. J. Alling wrote:
> On 7/20/2011 5:56 PM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
>> [ ... ]

>>> Let me know what you want for it...
>> Let me do some more digging :-)  I guess you know this lens ..
>>

> It's the same as all the Pentax 50mm f1.4 lenses but in FA livery,
> (Ok, so they were supposedly tweeked, and they have the best coatings
> Pentax put in the focal length).  I've been looking for nice short
> portrait tele for the K20d that takes full advantage of the
> automation.  The f1.4's aren't perfect but they're more than good
> enough.  I find that I don't end up using the M50 f1.4 on the K20d, I
> used to use it a lot on the D and Ds.
It's still a "current" lens, too:

http://www.adorama.com/PX5014AFA.html

That price is about 2.5 times as high as when I bought mine new, when
was it, 3 or 4 years ago? Around that time used specimens would
typically fetch a lot more than the new price on eBay because "everyone"
thought it was discontinued, and hard to find...

- Toralf

follow the directions.