On Jul 20, 2011, at 13:52 , Cotty wrote:

> On 18/7/11, Joseph McAllister, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>> Using your figures Cotty, I get an annual petrol expense, given a 25.5
>> combined mpg rating for your LR Defender, of $6638.82.
>
> Hmm, one of us is doing something wrong. Last year I spent just short of
> 8 grand on fuel. Pounds, not bucks.
>
> BTW my Landy is shortly up for sale - getting a van which will halve
> this figure..

Then you drove further, or got about 12 mpg last year on average. My original
un-researched figures used 14.8 mpg, and I came out with close to 9 grand US.
Gonna have to work hard to get that up to 8 grand in Pounds Sterling. Of
course, the published 2011 Defender gas mileage of 18 city (gasoline) 29
highway are most likely as misleading as my car's 18 city, 27 highway. Which I
equate to 12.5 city, 25 highway in real life.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac