On 7/23/2011 11:08, John wrote:
Ann,

Does the second card record in the camera?
Yes..

I have several CF cards... the one that failed has been reformatted a few times already.. it would be nice if I could get the stuff I shot
off it.

One more piece of info - the Adobe downloader asks me to select a device.. whereas,when things are working properly, it detects it... it
recognizes there is a card reader in the port.

I could have just bopped over to Staples and ask them to try it but
the weather is keeping me from venturing out at least not more than
a few steps.

at the moment I've mislaid the 2gB card (I said mg before, I meant GB!)

ann

 Do you have a friend with a
card slot on a laptop in their computer? It sounds as though the reader
has caused a formatting error on the card.. If the problem is the
reader, then the card can be reformatted. If you are looking for a trial
horse I have a 1 GB card just gathering dust that you are welcome to if
that would help

John G