It could be the card reader, a cable or any number of things in that data pipeline, it could be even worse than that. The hard drive may be failing.

On 7/26/2011 1:11 PM, William Robb wrote:
I've been getting the occasional weirdness on importing files, coincidentally, since I got the K5. Every now and again on import, a DNG will come in "corrupted" image is just multicoloured lines, with perhaps a bit of it visible). If I go back and reimport just that image, it comes in just fine, so it isn't the camera corrupting the file, it's happening during my Lightroom import.

Is this a sign that I should be getting a new card reader, or something more sinister (like I pissed off St Ansel's ghost or some such)?

thanks

--
Where's the Kaboom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!

        --Marvin the Martian.